Monday, June 1, 2009

6/1/09 Forecast/Update from the road

Heading down I35 here with Jacob T from F5 heading down towards Des Moines for now. Gonna stop off, grab some food, and look at data before making our next move. Right now anywhere south of I80 and west of I35 looks decent. Models are showing good instability but with the clouds over that area right now I think temps will stay a bit cooler, but that shouldnt be a big issue since I dont think the cap is going to be an issue today. Not gonna do a big forecast, but somewhere in southwest Iowa is our target, we'll narrow it down later. Hopefully I will have something more interesting to say or show next time I post.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Go get em boyz. Better bring back something nice to look at. We'll be waiting up here in the arctic air...

Unknown said...

Get west...like Nebraska City or Beatrice west.

Midwestchaser said...

Nebraska City was my initial target yesterday, we're gonna drop south here a ways off of I80 where there is actually some clearing from these stupid showers. But looking at surface data and going with Bill's advice and head west.

Midwestchaser said...

Nevermind, heading west on I80 to jump on I29 towards Nebraska City.